Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Momma Made It and Mom's 75th Birthday Celebration

Mom turned 75 this month so we headed down to Crooked River, OR to celebrate.  Along the way, just off the I-5 in Longview, WA is one of my favourite quilt stores, Momma Made It.  Jennie is the new owner so we stopped by to introduce ourselves and shop.
I shopped while Bernie kept Jennie company cutting fabrics for me : )

Here's the newest addition to my stash.  It was a challenge to keep to just blues and browns as the entire store is full of fabrics all organized by colour. It's such a beautiful store. 

 


I can hardly wait for my next visit to Momma Made It.  For more information click here.

Next stop was Crooked River Ranch.  Bernie is a very talented cook.  Mom calls him "My Chef".  She planned the menu before we arrived.    

For her birthday dinner she ordered Bernie's famous spaghetti...well it is in these parts... 

 










For dessert a delicious Banana Cream Pie from Shari's.  No small piece of pie for this birthday girl.  The celebrating was over way too soon and we were headed back up North towards home.  We enjoyed our visit and look forward to another one soon!

Since returning home I've been working on the 365 Challenge Quilt.  I'm all caught up including today's block. I'm not sure about some of the fabrics I selected for the blocks.  There may be too much contrast for that dark centre frame.  Once we start working on the lighter frames I will know for sure if I need to make any changes. 


Happy Stitches,
Shelley








2 comments: