Thursday, January 14, 2016

365 Challenge Block 3 Red Cross

 


For this little block I selected two directional prints.  For the A and B strips I cut the fabrics 1 1/2" x 4" making sure that direction of the print will be up when sewn into the block.









I stitched them together, pressed seams towards A...







 


sub-cut into 1 1/2" x 3 1/2"...










I cut C 1 1/2" x 3 1/2"...keeping in mind the direction of the print as shown to the left...stitched C between the ABA units and pressed seams towards C.






Taa daa...another finished block!









Tip:  When piecing I sew with a stitch length of 1.75mm - 2mm, this is approximately 12 - 14 stitches/inch.  A longer stitch length, although easier to remove when necessary, will come apart at the edges before you ever get your sweet little blocks sewn into your quilt. 




Happy Stitches,
: ) Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment