Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Things That Work

I've been sewing, quilting and teaching for over 25 years and have discovered along the way many tools and accessories that make the sewing and quilting process easier.   From time to time I'll post an overview of an item that I have found works well for my style of sewing and quilting.  I'll start with Roxanne's Glue Baste It®, one of my favourite products.

Roxanne's Glue, also affectionately known as Roxy in this neck of the woods, comes in handy when matching seams while piecing, holding together seams when sewing up the sides of bags and works wonders when positioning beads on the surface of fabric for sewing beads on by machine.  It's become so popular in my classes that Roxying has become a verb.  When working with Roxanne's Glue for piecing or sewing up the sides of bags apply small controlled dots of glue to the surface of the fabric within the seam allowance,

press with a hot dry iron to set the glue and stitch.  Press seams to one side.  If you are planning to press the seams open use a smaller amount of glue or prying those seams open will be nearly impossible.  I hope you will enjoy using Roxanne's Glue-Baste-It® as much as I do.  Please note:  I am not associated with, nor do I have shares in the company, I just love the product.  Next week I'll talk about my favourite fusible web.

Happy Stitches,
Shelley

1 comment:

  1. Excellent write-up. I don't know what took me so long to get using it, but I am sure glad I do now, what an improvement in my piecing accuracy!!

    ReplyDelete