Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A Fun Christmas Tree Skirt

With fall quickly approaching I decided it was time to update my old Christmas Tree skirt.  I headed out to Wineberry Fabrics and found these wonderful prints...
I just bought a Ten Degree Wedge ruler and was excited to give it a try.  I cut wedges and stitched them all together, quilted and bound.  The results...a very cute tree skirt.   



I enjoyed making this so much that I couldn't resist purchasing more fabrics so I headed back to Wineberry Fabrics and bought these for the next skirt.
 When I got a closer look at the selvage I was pleased to see that one of our local artists Cynthia Frenette designed the lovely Poinsettia fabric...
 I can hardly wait to get started on the next one.  I'm creating a pattern including pictures with step by step instructions.  If you would like to make a wedge Christmas Tree skirt  I'm teaching the class at Wineberry Fabrics November 9th and at The Cabin on December 3rd.  For more information you can email me at littleoakpattern@gmail.com or visit Wineberry Fabrics at www.wineberryfabrics.com/wf/ for their class list.  

Happy Stitching,
Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment