Friday, August 23, 2013

Fall and Winter Retreats, Classes and Friendship Bear Hugs

A quick note to let you know that I had to post the class list in several posts.  Please take a look to the right in the blog archive and you will find the following:

1) Loon Lake Retreats
2) Fall and Winter Day Retreats at The Cabin
3) Classes on Getting to Know YOUR Sewing Machine and Serger
4) Technique and Project Classes
5)  Christmas Projects
Click on the link and the page will open. I hope we will see your smiling face at Loon Lake and here at The Cabin. 

Friendship Bear Hugs.
During retreats I have had a some time to cut and sew a few Friendship Bear Hugs blocks.  I currently have 153 little 3" blocks stitched and 75 cut and waiting to be stitched.  I have been saving fabric for this quilt for years and hope to be able to make about 500 blocks before I'm done using all my favorite fabrics.  Here's a little picture of what they look like hanging on my design wall.  
 






















They will be set with sashing and look like this.



















Eventually they will all be together in a quilt that looks like this. 
 

Happy Sewing,
Shelley

 













No comments:

Post a Comment